Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Home Improvements Require More Than Just Wine





As we continue our quest to transform our rundown rental house into a home, we have come to the realization that a drunken haze alone cannot fix everything. Hence, yesterday we put down the bottle and headed to Lowe's. $350 later, we had completed step one.



Paint for the living room and den, a pretty rug to go with the couch we ordered (Seamus is very relieved), and two long wooden poles so we can hang clothes in the large laundry room (closet space here is a crime). All in all, we're off to a good - if expensive - start. I can't wait to show y'all the before and afters!

In the meantime, here are a few more scenes from our life in Wilmington. Soon, we'll go somewhere other than Target and Lowe's. Maybe even tonight!


Amy's frozen enchiladas are surprisingly tasty. Clearly our kitchen is not yet unpacked.



Actually, scratch that. Nothing is unpacked. Maybe after we finish painting today. Fingers crossed.



And if we never finish unpacking? Then I'll just live in the backyard with the dogs. They seem to love it, so I'm sure I will too.

Now I'm off to drink coffee and paint. Wish us luck!


7 comments:

  1. LUCK! :)

    I can't wait to see the paint colors you've chosen and the couch and the rug...I can't wait to see it all. :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry the house wasn't what you expected.  I'm sure that you will be able to transform it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you are a marathoner, Chrissy, because it sounds like you need your stamina to get this house into good shape!  Good luck to you--I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's finished.  Hang in there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the backyard!  And ohmygosh I know all about that Lowe's thing.  It never ends does it, between the selling and the new places?  I can't wait till "going to Lowe's" isn't a date night!  *fingers crossed* for you guys to get lots done as quickly as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the transformation! Fresh paint makes everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what it looks like. :)

    ReplyDelete