Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Day to Celebrate

Happy National Coffee Day!


Yes, it's true. I have been informed by the ever-knowing Twitter that September 29 is National Coffee Day, which is a celebration I can definitely get behind. I wasn't always a coffee drinker. In fact, I didn't start drinking the good stuff until after I finished my undergraduate career, was working a boring job selling permits at the beach, and started bringing coffee to work spiked with Kahlua. (Hey - it was work, but it was STILL THE BEACH.) When I worked at the library we had a coffee pot in the common area of our department and my coffee drinking reached it's heights (but no Kahlua - see? I can stop anytime!). These days I like two cups in the morning, with a big splash of almond milk, and then I'm good to go.

Coffee! Let us celebrate you!

(In case you were wondering, I have some posts of substance brewing in the back of my head (get it? brewing? har har!) but school has been a hammer this week and my computer time has been devoted to reading, writing, revising and workshopping. Hopefully I will be able to finish my post about marathons and writing tomorrow, and then I have a doozy of an Adventures in Debt installment to share with you. Until then, drink up!)

12 comments:

  1. Happy Coffee Day, Chrissy!  Yes, indeedy, this is a holiday I can support, too.  I'm drinking mine now (with a splash of milk, a smaller splash of half-and-half, and a teaspoon of sugar), but now I think my cup would be greatly improved by a glug of Kahlua...oh baby.  Why do coffee and alcohol taste so good together?  It seems like an unlikely match, and yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS  I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts--they definitely sound like topics I enjoy reading :-)  Keep 'em brewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so depressing! I can't go a day without coffee but thanks to oversleeping this morning I don't have ANY.  AND it's national coffee day! That is just wrong.  That picture looks so delicious!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to cut out coffee this summer and was MISERABLE. Coffee, I can't quit you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been drinking the good stuff every morning and trying to cut back on the Starbucks. In fact, I don't think I've had any in a whole week now. Been doing the Cafe du Monde coffee with vanilla soy milk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers to that! My 10-hour work day today was powered by coffee. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love knowing how people take their coffee. I like how detailed you are with your perfect cup! And yes - alcohol and coffee go well together. So does coffee and chocolate! And alcohol and chocolate! It's a trifecta of goodness! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just posted the marathon/writing one. It wasn't as brilliant as I had planned but it got the job done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you found some coffee at some point! No coffee on national coffee day would be too tragic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never even tried. I know there all kinds of opinions on coffee, but I think a cup or two a day is good for you. How could something that feels so good be wrong? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I always make coffee at home, because I make it better and because I'm poor. Though I do treat myself to a soy latte on occasion - it's one of my treats on very long car rides. 

    ReplyDelete