Since it was so early in the challenge I decided the best thing to do was to simply start over as of September 1. (Or August 31, because I got confused about what day it was and really liked this first photo.) The rules are the same: one photo a day, every day, for one year. I will post them in batches of seven each Friday. Enjoy!
1. You've already seen this photo, but I'm sure this will happen on occasion. I only take so many good photos. This is the classroom where I teach my undergrads. It's also the creative writing department's conference room, which means it is very fancy and comfortable, and that I will spend a lot of time in these chairs over the next three years.
2. In my old life, Friday afternoons were spent like every other afternoon - staring out a window on the fourth floor of my building, counting the minutes until five o'clock. Now, I spend them on my screened in porch, drinking a beer and critiquing stories for class. Somebody, pinch me.
3. This is the river front in downtown Wilmington, as seen from the deck of the USS North Carolina battleship. It's a lovely little city.
4. Another angle of the chocolate orange vegan cupcake from Coastal Cupcakes. Might need to get another one this weekend!
5. I'm taking a class this semester focused on reading the "great non-American novel." This is the first one we're tackling. So far it's... okay. I'm behind in my reading so I'll have a better feel for the book once I catch up.
6. I almost forgot to take a photo and last minute, rushed into the kitchen and tried to get artsy with the refrigerator. (It was dark and this was the best lighting I could find.) Not bad for a super fast, fake-artsy photo. (Also, I need to go grocery shopping, stat.)
One week down, 51 weeks to go!