Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Hatchling



I don't have much time to update, because Nathan's parents are still visiting and I have to finish my grading and I'm flying to New York tomorrow (!) for five days, but I didn't want to leave y'all hanging as far as the chicks go. So far, we've had three eggs hatch - two of them are healthy and chirping their heads off, one didn't make it. Six eggs to go, and I'm really hoping they hatch before I get on that plane tomorrow. I must meet these little chicks as soon as possible!

The chick above is the first one that hatched, and she's pretty much fresh out of the egg in these photos (she's much fluffier now, and way cuter). I have to say - watching the egg crack and then seeing a chicken take it's place is pretty damn amazing. Also, is it normal to fall in love with a chicken immediately? Because I think that's what happened. 

I'm in love with a chicken. But really. Can you blame me?


More soon. Hopefully six more. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an incubator to watch.

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!! So cute! I am so jealous! Please post more pics of the chickees before you leave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much fun to hatch them at home!! My kids just loved the whole process!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goddddd so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see more! Have fun in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are raising little fluffies and bees- that is so cute, and I am totally jealous! Happy to have found another homesteady blog! aloha from oahu, andrea

    ReplyDelete