Monday, August 06, 2012

A Productive Weekend

We had a seriously productive weekend. So productive, in fact, that I only managed to snap three photos, despite my goal of Taking More Photos. Oh, well. Productivity is worth the sacrifice. 

Ready to kayak.

Things we accomplished, in no particular order: one kettlebell class on Saturday morning, and a four mile run on Sunday; cleaning the chicken coop and treating it for roaches (blargh); mowing the front yard; figuring out dude attire for the wedding; talking to my mom on the telephone; taking the dogs to the park; hosting a little game night (Blokus!); kayaking on the Intercoastal Waterway; keeping up with the dishes; stuffing our faces with vegan blueberry pancakes; working at the wine store; making more progress on the wedding (finalizing the rehearsal dinner, sending thoughts on marriage to the officiant, setting up a Skype date with our DJ's); and finally, watching an episode of Buffy and Vampire Slayer while dining on homemade vegan pizza and sipping on a glass of wine.

Swiss chard from the garden.

Rewards.

As usual, a pretty great weekend, and now I feel primed to take on the week. I'm going to start with Monday, naturally, which features a pretty full to-do list, despite all I accomplished over the weekend. So far this morning, I've already set up a payment plan for my Fall 2012 tuition, posted Lou the Roo on Craigslist (sniff...), emailed our wedding caterer, and written a blog post. Pretty good for 8:00AM, but there's still a long way to go. I don't mind - I'm one of those people who actually loves Mondays, because they hold so much promise and possibility for the week ahead. And now, I'm off to make that promise a reality. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your weekend. Which Buffy episode?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just started re-watching the series, so we're only on the first season right now. It was the third or fourth episode - with the substitute teacher who was actually a killer mantis. So good!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Sounds like a lot of awesomeness. So jealous you get to communicate online with your wedding people. Everyone in the valley is still so out-of-date that I (or a proxy) had to do almost everything in person. Made wedding planning from afar so difficult! What toppings did you put on your pizza?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wedding planning is definitely a challenge, but we're still at the "fun" stage. I'm sure that will change as the date gets closer...

      On our pizza, we usually put red sauce, soy crumbles, broccoli, and onion. This time I also added fresh basil from the garden. It was very good!

      Delete
  3. Whew, I'm getting tired reading about your productivity :) Love the kayaking on the waterway though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to kayak. Sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete