Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dinner and a Movie

We had this particular combination last week, and I meant to post about it then, but (cue usual excuses including school, writing, wedding, etc). Better late than never! 



First up: this  Vegetable Tamale Pie from Budget Bytes.  Tasty, filling, quick, easy. Next time I'll make mine in a smaller cast iron pan - the filling to cornbread ratio was a little off, but I would hardly call too much cornbread a tragedy. Somehow, we soldiered on.

This meal is best followed by a sweet film at the artsy theater. Specifically, Robot and Frank.


In the near-future, Frank's son gives him a robot to help out around the house, cook his meals, and generally keep an eye on him, as he is elderly, crotchety, and beginning to lose his memory. I won't give away too many spoilers (I knew nothing about the film going in, and was surprised and delighted by the plot twists) but I will say it's a sad and sweet story about aging, family, loss, and regret. It also has a super cute robot, which adds a lot of comedic relief. If you get the chance to see this film, do. It's a great little movie. 

More soon. For now, I have to go conquer Tuesday, which is easily my hardest/busiest/most exhausting day of the week. Wish me luck! 

2 comments:

  1. That movie sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out.

    Good luck today! Hope it goes by quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. More cornbread is never a bad thing :)

    ReplyDelete