Tuesday, November 06, 2012

One Good Reason


As I'm sure you're well aware, it's Election Day in America, and you are all expected to get to the polls and vote. Listen: I know the two party system is bullshit, the electoral college makes no sense, and the uneasy feeling that it doesn't actually matter who wins grows every day. But guess what? It does matter, and you should vote, and this is why: 




And to think: all I had to do was walk down the road to my polling place, flash my ID, and fill in a little bubble. I'm lucky, I'm grateful, and I'm voting. I hope you are, too.


Happy Election Day!

7 comments:

  1. Yep, nice vote. I live in CA, so I know how the POTUS vote will come out here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say that feeling of malaise is intensified if you lived in a swing state for the past two presidential elections and now live in a state that is guaranteed to go red, red, red. However, I will exercise my franchise out of both privilege and duty and anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel - 7 years in East Texas was difficult politically (to put it mildly). I live in a swing state now, and it's a bit more exciting to think that my vote could actually have an impact.

      Glad you're still voting either way!

      Delete
  3. A fist bump to you, my dear! Vote, vote, vote! I'm feeling blue in a red state and proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chrissy my dear, I wish I could clone a good 100,000 of you and move them into MS with me. :-).

    sincerely,

    your blue, black, liberal, pastor's daughter, ex-roomie from MS.

    ReplyDelete