Tuesday, February 05, 2013

On the Mend



A recent walk with the boys.

I was sick all weekend, which was a total bummer. I didn't get to do my ten mile long run, I had to call in sick to work, I missed an awesome hike with six dogs (and some favorite friends) at a nearby state park,  and I didn't go to class last night. Instead, I wallowed in self-pity while critiquing stories for school, fighting a fever, and watching Glee. I only get sick  once a year, so I like to make it count. 

I'm on the mend now, but I still have some catching up to do. I wouldn't be too concerned about that, expect for the fact that we're leaving town on Thursday for a wedding. When it rains it pours, right? Truly, I'm not too worried. I managed to get a fair amount of stuff done while I was housebound, and I'm glad I got this sickness out of my system before our trip. 

My brain appears to be working for short spurts only, so I'll end this now and save my energy for the two classes I have to teach today (and the six hours of classes I have to attend). Wish me luck. And tissues. And nondrowsy medications. I'm going to need it. 

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're on the mend. Being sick can really be a pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! I have a marathon next month and am skipping runs left and right due to a cold I happened to catch. I'm sure it will all be fine. Oh, and I feel the whole self-pity thing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some nasty bugs that really want to hang on this season- flu, and upper respiratory bug, and a norovirus.

    I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Be sure not to rush back into too much exertion too soon. I've had several friends do that only to have relapses. The upper respiratory one in particular seems to want to hang on for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, I hope you are feeling better today! But your photos are adorable, and surely that must count for something, right?

    ReplyDelete