Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Little Friends


I swear I only meant to add two new chicks to our flock this year. Somehow, I ended up with five. There's a very logical explanation for this (basically: chicks are really, really cute and I cannot resist them) but you'll have to wait a few days for the full story and a proper introduction. It's the last week of the semester (finally!) and I have a million things to do before Thursday. After Thursday, though, I am free, free, free until August, and you better believe this blog is going to come back to life in a serious way. 

Until then, I have papers to grade, poems to workshop, and chicks to snuggle. It's a rough life, I'll tell you that much. 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! It's impossible to have a bad day when I can snuggle them any time I want. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! more chicks! Also, i'm looking forward to more writing from you this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meaghan, thanks so much such a nice comment! I needed to hear that today. :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, your lack of resistance is completely understandable! Congratulations on the new additions to your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I can't wait to document them incessantly. :)

      Delete
  4. OMG! OMG! OMG!
    They are so cute! How did you not buy 50 of them?!!!! They're so fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that there is a ginger chick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeee they are so cute! Baby chicks are impossible to resist.

    ReplyDelete