Thursday, May 30, 2013

2013 Reader Survey (and a Prize!)

If you've been reading for awhile, you've probably noticed that the focus of this blog has shifted over time - and rightly so. The New Me is a personal blog, which means I write about things that interest me, personally. I've been lucky enough to find a great group of like-minded readers, who have accepted and indulged all my fancies and phases, from roller derby, to marathon training, to chickens and bees (really, I've put you through a lot.) I'm grateful for every single person who's come to my blog over the years, left a comment, sent an email, or just popped up as a silent visitor in my stats. I like to think I'd blog no matter what, but having a kind and smart audience definitely makes it more rewarding.

One of my goals this summer is to revamp the blog a bit - update the design, maybe even change the name ("The New Me" seems a little narcissistic these days), and focus some of my writing on more niche topics, while still blogging about my everyday life (I couldn't stop talking about myself if I wanted to - on second thought, maybe the narcissistic name isn't so bad after all). But before I make those changes, I wanted to get some feedback from y'all - this is where the survey comes in!

You can take the survey by following this link, or by scrolling down and clicking your answers in the embedded version (scroll over the survey itself to reveal more questions). Please don't worry about hurting my feelings - I get workshopped regularly, and I know the value of an honest critique. Also, because I know your time is valuable and I adore you all so much, after you take the survey, leave a comment on this post by next Friday (June 7) and you'll be entered in the drawing to win this book, bought and paid for with my own hard earned money:

More about the book here.

Again, thanks so much for your time, your thoughts, your ideas, and most of all, for reading my blog. The connections I've forged in this space have made my life better in all the best ways.

xo

18 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, I might steal it if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stole it from someone else, but I can't remember who! Steal away. :) Also, you probably already know this, but Google Docs makes surveying so easy.

      Delete
  2. I took the survey! It was great. I did notice that there was not an option for having read the blog 1 - 2 years, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! I've thought about doing a survey for my blog so I might just have to do one like yours someday. I completed the survey and would love to be entered into the drawing for the book. It looks like something I'd really enjoy reading! Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just took the survey! I enjoy your blog- keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! You won the drawing! Send your address to me at thenewchrissy (at) gmail.com and I will mail you your prize. :)

      Delete
  5. I love surveys and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm new here and wanted to say I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like an interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took the survey the other day but forgot to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Survey done! And I so love the look of that book... my friend refers to me as "crunchy," since I'm a vegan granola-snarfing hippie, so this book looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally remembered to fill out the survey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Done. Hope the survey results end up being helpful

    ReplyDelete
  12. I filled out the survey! My thoughts, in a nutshell -- just keep on blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Survey was completed and I am leaving my very first comment in 3+ years of reading to say that your blog is wonderful, keep up the good work, and I really like the look of that book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I completed your survey - glad to. I actually enjoyed that someone cared about what I thought! I would love to win that book! Pick me, pick me (laughing gleefully)

    ReplyDelete
  15. For Some reason, I really love taking surveys. Flashbacks to middle school and Seventeen magazine, maybe. So, thanks for that! :)

    ReplyDelete