Thursday, July 18, 2013

Om Is Where the Heart Is


Hello, friends! I have a long list of posts that I'm planning to write, once I have some time. I've been busy having fun, yes, but I've also been hard at work on the second draft of my novel, a process which has been humbling, exciting, and - in rare moments - transcendent. It's a good thing I love revision, because my book needs a lot of it! 

In the meantime, I have a short essay published on Elephant Journal this morning. It's about Morning Glory Yoga, the studio where I spent so much time in Nacogdoches, but it's also about friendship, the idea of home, and the uncomfortable reality of change. If you read it, let me know what you think, and feel free to share the link with every single person you know. Not because this is a paying gig (it's not, unfortunately), but because writing is so often a solitary experience, and the opportunity to share my work is always thrilling. Plus I'm really proud of the title, as puns are the best. 

Hope you're having a good day, wherever you are. I'll be back soon. <3

6 comments:

  1. Loved your article! I"m about to move across the country and feeling some of these same thing! Tweeted and FB'd it so that some of my like minded friends can read it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I appreciate the kind comments, and the share! Good luck with your move!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful article! I don't practice yoga, but I like how it can strengthen your friendships and give you a sense of community. Your friends sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! My friends are awesome - IRL and online. ;)

      Delete
  3. loved the article! how do people not ALWAYS want to publish your stuff?! everytime, it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I never thanked you for this kind comment, even though I think about it often. So: thank you, 7 months late. :)

      Delete