Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Published on the Ploughshares Blog!

Two exciting things happened today. The first is that I taught my last classes of the semester, and all I have to do teaching-wise between now and January is a large stack of grading. But since I can grade at home, on my couch, in my pajamas, this doesn't seem like too much of a burden. It was a great semester of teaching with some of my best students yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to celebrating the break. 

And speaking of celebrating, the second exciting thing that happened today is this: a short post I wrote about writing was published on the Ploughshares blog!


Ploughshares is one of the oldest and most well known literary journals in the country, so it's not surprising that they also have one of the most robust, interesting, and engaging blogs about writing that I've come across. Each Wednesday, they publish a "Writing Lessons" post, written by someone currently enrolled in or teaching at an MFA or MA program. I submitted a post last month, and when I checked Twitter this morning, I saw that Ploughshares had tweeted a link to a post written by @TheNewChrissy. "Wait a minute," I thought. "That's my Twitter handle!" I clicked the link and lo and behold, they had published my piece. 

Other perks to getting published on the blog? A one-year subscription to the journal, a surprise in the mail, and free online submissions. Ploughshares, you are officially my favorite literary journal. (After UNCW's Ecotone, of course. Loyalty is important.) 

Needless to say, it's been a great morning. :)

5 comments:

  1. That's really major! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great writing lesson! Congratulations!!! Ploughshares is such a big deal.

    I've been reading your blog since you were applying to MFA programs, and it's been so thrilling to watch your successes. I can't wait to see you novel in bookstores. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, this is such a nice comment! Thank you so much for your support and your confidence in me. :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, darling! That is very good news indeed. I'm off to read your piece now :-)

    ReplyDelete