Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Crunch Time

The chickens and I have both been busy!

Hello, friends! Sorry for the lack of posts, regular and otherwise, these last few weeks. As it turns out, I'm handing my thesis into my committee on Tuesday, and then I'm going immediately to Seattle for the AWP conference on Wednesday, and then - then! - I'm coming back to Wilmington for spring break on Sunday, at which point I will definitely find time to blog about all these exciting things. (Actually, I do have a Friday Hive Five post I'm working on, so there's that to look forward to in the meantime, but that's pretty much it.) 

As far as the thesis goes, I'm officially on draft six, which feels good and terrible at the same time. Good, because the book has grown so much since draft one. Terrible, because it still has some glaring shortfalls which I'm just going to have to live with for now. At any rate, it's good enough for a thesis defense (March 28th!), a thesis reading (April 3rd!), and an MFA graduation (May 10th!). All of which feels very soon, and means that I should stop writing this post and get back to work. 

Until next time! 

1 comment:

  1. Whew, so many exciting things lined up around here! I can't wait to hear more about them :-)

    ReplyDelete