Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Almost There


As it turns out, I don't really like moving.

Yes, I like having a brand new space to play with - especially when that new space is a house that is easily a million times nicer and more comfortable than our old place. But good lord this whole moving thing is taking forever. Part of the reason is because we're doing it as cheaply as possible, and thus stretching it out. We borrowed a friend's motorcycle trailer and have been moving small loads of furniture and boxes every day since last week. Nathan insists this method is better, as it allows us to put things away as we bring them over and keeps boxes from piling up at the new place. I mostly agree, except for when I just want the whole process to be over. As of today, we're close. We have a few things from the attic to bring over, as well Nathan's shed, our outside stuff, and the chicken coop. Wish us luck. 

In the meantime, I really do love the new place. We've had a few challenges as far as where to put things and how to best use the smaller space, but overall it's been fun, like a puzzle. On the other hand, the experience of being confronted with all our STUFF is definitely sobering. Even though we've been downsizing and minimizing for what seems like forever, I still find my Goodwill pile growing bigger each time we make another trip. Which is good, I guess, expect where does it all come from? I would love to be one of those people who can fit everything they own into their car, and I'm getting closer, but there's still a long way to go. 

This post feels a little all over the place, probably because my life is literally all over the place right now. I just wanted to pop in, say hello, and share my existential angst in my favorite space for sharing existential angst. I seem to have accomplished that, so I guess I should get back to work. 

Thanks for listening. More soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Where DOES it all come from? I've been asking myself the same thing. I keep giving stuff away and donating it. It's a lot. But it still doesn't seem to make a dent!

    ReplyDelete